I install server software, run it and run iShutdown on my iOS device but i dont see my PC/Mac in hosts list.
Normally hosts with installed server software must appear in hosts list automatically, but sometimes it doesent happend because of network errors or firewall settings.
here is most common situations:
- Bonjour service is not installed (only PC). You have to go in download
section and download and install bonjour service for windows.
- Firewall dont allow connections fow iShutdown server software. You have to configure your firewall to allow connections to iShutdown server software on port 4505. If you have troubles with firewall configuration please visit our forum
- Make sure that your PC or Mac have the same ip subnet and subnet mask as your iOS device. For example your host have 192.168.1.1 ip and 255.255.255.0 subnet mask and your iOS device have 192.168.1.2 ip and 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. You have to check it if you dont use DHCP in your network. If you use DHCP it will automatically setting up.
Server software dont starting after installation (PC)
- You have to download and install .NET Framework
How to setup iShutdown to work over internet?
- If you want to set up the startup or the shutdown of your computer over the Internet and not only over your local network, you need to forward the port 4505 TCP from your router to your computer (this enables you to shutdown, reboot or put it into standby mode). Furthermore, you have to set up the forwarding of the so called magic packets, which is usually port 9 UDP / TCP from the router to the computer, in order to enable the remote startup. To find out about the process of configuration we suggest using Google by searching for 'wake on lan your_router_model' or 'port forwarding your_routers_model'.