Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Wake On Lan not work in Mac
iShutdown forum
November 22, 2017, 03:13:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mac server updated to 1.1 version

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wake On Lan not work in Mac  (Read 9768 times)
viniciusvaz

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2011, 12:48:27 AM »

I try all steps:
"
There was an error while processing Wake-On-LAN request for selected host. 

Try next steps to fix it:
1. Remove host from your "hosts" list using edit option at your iOS device. 
2. Close iShutdown application.
3. Manually start your host.
4. Start iShutdown.
5. You will see your host appear in "hosts" list again.  At that step you will be able to Wake up your host by lan. Try to shutdown your host and wake it again by iShutdown.
6. If you add your host manually do it while your host working.
7. If you have any troubles and questions please visit our support forum http://ishutdownapp.com/forum/
"
But, dont work...

... My Mac have wake On lan.
Please, help me.
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 01:34:38 AM »

Some Mac's only can wake up from sleep. Try to sleep your Mac and wake it up with Wake-on-lan and tell me if it work or not work.

next, please provide me additional info

on 5 step you see your Mac in hosts list automatically?
Shutdown, restart etc works fine?
viniciusvaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:04:11 AM »

Shutdown, restart, host automatically, everthing is ok, work... Just wake On lan i have problem...
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 07:47:29 AM »

What about step 5?

And did you try to wake up your mac from sleep not from fully power off?
jmayoralas

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 08:26:46 AM »

What about step 5?

And did you try to wake up your mac from sleep not from fully power off?

Same problem here. Everyting works ok except WOL. The iMac is configured right, because I can wake the computer from a Linux box with etherwake indicating the ethernet MAC address, not the IP of the iMac computer.

About the "step 5", yes, my computer shows up automatically in the hosts lists. The power icon lights up in magenta when the computer is on and in light gray when I suspend or shutdown from iShutdown.app.
viniciusvaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »

Appear in hosts list, shutdown, but when i try "wake On lan" dont work and show that text...
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »

Looks like all must work fine, but if you see that error message, then iShutdown app cant get your host MAC address
automatically from arp table. And i dont know why. If app dont know MAC it cant send magic packet to wake it up.

I release new app version soon. Where you will be able to type
MAC manually, and then that feature will work for you.

I send new version with new localizations on approve yesterday, so with the update after upcoming
i realize manual MAC input.

Sorry for inconvenience.
viniciusvaz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »

Ok, i'll wait for update... But, do you have sure this function works in MacBook Pro? Do you see worked? I ask becouse i looking for anything to turn On... I'm not professional, but i try Python scripts (for Linux, ubuntu) founded in Google to try turn On and i dont have luck.
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 11:33:53 PM »

Yes i see it worked on Mac and PC. But i really dont know will it work for you or not. It must work if your hardware support Wake-On-LAN feature, but i read some topics where peoples describes their troubles with WOL and their Mac's. Others in same  topics tell that all works fine for them. I dont know why. PC works fine always. Mac sometimes not.
McConnor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 01:38:59 AM »

This is not a MAC-only problem. Im running a WIN XP Prof 32 Bit System. Shutdown, Hibernate, Suspend eg works but NOT WOL. It just wont wake up - the iphone app only shows me the error message with instructions no matter how often I start manually. I can wake it up with no problems via other WOL-Softwares so it has to be a problem with iShutdown.

Another request would be to start the Server as service. Right now it seems to me you have to be logged in for the PC-Server to start... is that correct?

Greetings from Germany
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 01:25:57 AM »

If you see error message, it means that iShutdown cant resolve your host name to MAC address to wake it up.

Getting MAC from ARP table dont work for you. I work over major update where you can type
MAC address manually, so it will be work for you. The only one trouble is the iShutdown cant
resolve MAC address.

Please wait for upcoming update.

Sorry for inconvenience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: