Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
can shutdown my home pc from work, but cannot turn it on from work
iShutdown forum
November 17, 2017, 07:43:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Facebook page http://facebook.com/iShutdown

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can shutdown my home pc from work, but cannot turn it on from work  (Read 6322 times)
johnphan

View Profile Email
« on: June 17, 2011, 12:18:10 PM »

Hello, i have problems turning on wol my home pc from work. i have no problems shutting it down. i have opened the firewall for port 4505 for ishutdown already. Can you please assist me? Thank you. jp
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:29:28 PM »

In theory to use Wake-On-LAN from internet you have to config your router to forward
broadcast packets from internet to your intranet

Your router rule must looks like
name:WakeOnLan Broadcast
Enable: yes
IP Address: 192.168.0.255 <--- your internal broadcast addres, not your host ip kind a 192.168.0.1!
Protocol: UDP
Private Port: 9
Public Port: 9
Schedule: Always
johnphan

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 01:16:28 PM »

thanks for your quick replied. i know what is the internal ip address but i don't know what is the broadcast address, can you please let me know and where or how would i able to find my internal broadcast address? Thank you so much in advanced. jp
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 02:29:28 PM »

For example if you have your host internal address
like 192.168.0.X then broadcast address will be 192.168.0.255
or if your host address is 192.168.1.X then broadcast address is 192.168.1.255
johnphan

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 03:06:13 PM »

Hi, i have tried it and still does not work. i have put in my wireless router my internal broadcast 192.168.1.255 and set it up exactly as your instructions and still not working. Can you think of anything else? i have open port on my pc. i have set open port on my wireless router and still not working. Please help me? I thank you so much. j
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 01:28:40 AM »

Please provide me some additional info:

1. Your motherboard support wake-on-lan feature?
2. Can you wake up your host from your home network when you at home?
3. When you try to wake up home pc from your work it show you any error messages?

jbellendir
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:54:29 AM »

Hi Vlad, I can't get this to work either. All other options are working, Shutdown, Restart, Suspend, Hibernate. But not WOL. BUT, I do have everything set correctly and I CAN wake up my computer over 3G with iWake app. but I rather just use one app. When I touch the Wake On Lan button it immediately loads a white screen telling me to try to disable and restart Ishutdown app. but I can't understand what it's asking me to do really.

Can you help me get WOL working? Also, how do I resume my PC after hitting suspend or hibernate? It's nice I can put my computer to hibernate/suspend, but how to bring it back? The only thing I figure out was to use my iwake app to do a WOL, but this doesn't resume, it will turn on the PC, and it will say resuming windows, and then immediately it will say shutting down and it will shutdown and reboot. So it seems WOL command will tell it to REBOOT if its in current hibernate state. Any ideas?

Thanks!
jbellendir
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 12:06:23 PM »

I did some further testing and still cannot get it to work on 3G. Here is what was tested.

I have my computer setup in your app 3 different ways.

1.) with a DDNS service, myname.dyndns.org
this works for all buttons except WOL over 3g
2.) with the global IP address (in place of the dyndns.org hostname)
this works for all buttons except WOL over 3g
3.) my local IP address 192.168.x.x
WOL works when connected to home WIFI network.

When I click on WOL on the local ip profile in the app it shows the black screen and shows processing the request. When I click on the other two profiles (1 & 2), it doesnt even bother to try and just says there is an error and shows that white screen asking to restart the app. Looks like you have a bug in the software. Please let me know when we can expect an update to this app. I love all the other functions, just want to get the WOL working.
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 05:24:19 AM »

try next
In 3 profile change local IP on globalIP address.
Dont create a new profile, jaust change existing typing global IP
almost local. And tell me about result please.

It must work.

I release today a beta version of server software with the server running as server,
and will send new version of iShutdown on approve to apple ihope too...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: