Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
A Few suggestions
iShutdown forum
December 18, 2017, 11:31:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: (15.06.2011) PC server updated to 1.2 version

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Few suggestions  (Read 2658 times)
Woody

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2011, 03:59:18 AM »

A Few suggestions for future releases.

Just for my information :

I am using an iPhone 4 (4.3.3)
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit

Handy things to add to the PC application:

1. when installed it becomes a startup program as currently the pc application has to be started manually, maybe even make it in such a way it is a service
2. Give the option on the iPhone app to use both IP's and Hostnames of PC's as most IP's for machines are dynamic.
3. Given actual preferences options on both the iPhone and PC app for tweaking etc
4. Give the option to remote startup a machine, maybe by initalising the wake on lan feature etc on some BIOS's

Thanks
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 04:41:46 AM »

Thanks for your message, Woody.

1. when installed it becomes a startup program as currently the pc application has to be started manually, maybe even make it in such a way it is a service
It must currently become a startup programm. It seems that there is some troubles with server software installer.
I fix it today.

2. Give the option on the iPhone app to use both IP's and Hostnames of PC's as most IP's for machines are dynamic.
it's good idea. I try to add this feature in nearest update.

3. Given actual preferences options on both the iPhone and PC app for tweaking etc
maybe

4. Give the option to remote startup a machine, maybe by initalising the wake on lan feature etc on some BIOS's
Yes, it already works for me. it will be in next update. I think within one or two weeks.
me

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 09:33:59 AM »

Could you make this app so i can perform Force quit when an app is blocking the shutting down via the app.
i had a active call conversation via Skype however i wanted to shut down the mac but skype blocked the shutdown prompting me first to quite the active call..
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 12:42:40 PM »

In theory iShutdown server must force shutdown anyway

But seems it doesnt.

I try to work in that way...
me

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »

do you think it will be a feature in a future update?

Thank you.
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 01:53:35 PM »

yes, i try to solve that trouble with future update.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: