Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Cannot start up, but can shut down
iShutdown forum
November 17, 2017, 07:49:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow us on twitter @iShutdown

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot start up, but can shut down  (Read 3998 times)
Vinny

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »

I have Windows 7 Vista 64-bit; Installed iTunes, Bonjour, Quicktime, and .NET recently (says I have to download windows installer 3.1 I didn't but it still downloaded and didn't run or pop up anything) and installed ishutdown software of course and have the application through iTunes on my iPhone 4 all connected to my router (hardwired computer)

Custom built computer with motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

I can only shut down and restart, I cannot start up my computer, its says it sent the request but after a minute or two still have nothing.

I have tried msconfig and set up with start up magic etc.

please help me out

Thank you
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:33:57 PM by Vinny » Logged
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:13:09 PM »

Hi,

To get it work you should enable wol feature in your motherboard bios settings.

The next options should be:
Restore on ac power loss : last state
Power on from S5 by PME# : enabled
Power on frpm S5 ring : enabled

Hope it helps you.
Vinny

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »

I cannot find that on my motherboard settings I select delete at start up and cannot find under advanced or tools.

This is the manual that shows what my motherboard can select at start up menu: http://www.manualowl.com/m/Asus/M5A78L-M-LX-V2/Manual/264317
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:02:21 PM by Vinny » Logged
Vinny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »

Can you please help me figure the rest of this out?
tyrantlake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »

I don't have the same motherboard as you but the settings in the bios should be under "Power" tab --> APM Configuration.  Follow the instructions that Vlad gave you. This should be the first step.

The next step in Windows 7 is to open your network adapter in Device Manager and check the Advanced tab to see if the property pertaining to WoL is enabled.

The most difficult part that I found was the router portion of port forwarding. You might have to Google port forwarding for your specific router. Which model do you have? After trial and error I got this app to work with 2 different pcs.

Good luck

TL

Vinny

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 11:14:38 AM »

The problem was I was looking for something above the options he was saying I didnt notice thats what I was suppose to change. Thank you for the other details aswell, I dont know what you mean by the google forward port or what version I have but it works perfectly fine now.

Thanks again!
tyrantlake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 04:11:47 PM »

Good to hear that it is working for you now Smiley
Vaman117

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 03:50:44 PM »

Hello!  Would you mind explaining how you did this further?  I am having the same issue. I have a custom-built rig with an Asus z77 motherboard and an intel network card. I'm using Ethernet and I followed the forum so far. I changed the bios to allow WoL and I configured my network card to allow WoL and wait for the magic packet. Everything works just fine except the turn on feature (the main feature), but I am sure this is a minor setting and not the app. I added an exception in my firewall and it is set to start up with the computer. I am running Windows 7 ultimate and this is my first time I using WoL. Thanks!
tyrantlake

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 09:22:07 PM »

"The most difficult part that I found was the router portion of port forwarding. You might have to Google port forwarding for your specific router. Which model do you have? After trial and error I got this app to work with 2 different pcs."
Vaman117

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »

Netgear WNDR3400.  I have already set up port forwarding though for both the port the program lists as well as port 7 and 9 (which are supposedly common WoL ports). 
tyrantlake

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 07:47:50 PM »

It looks like your router doesn't support the broadcast address 192.168.1.255 in the port forwarding rules? I don't have your model but from reading online other people had the same issue.

Vlad posted a video link that might help with a Firefox addon called DOM Inspecter that could change your router to support this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWodv1Kq08A

Again I have not used this application,but it looks like it could help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: