Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Wake on Lan Windows XP Pro
iShutdown forum
November 22, 2017, 03:15:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow us on twitter @iShutdown

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wake on Lan Windows XP Pro  (Read 8804 times)
Ben

View Profile Email
« on: May 12, 2012, 04:32:57 PM »

Hello-

I have purchased this app, and I am currnetly unable to get the wake on lan feature to work.  I can shutdown, restart, sleep, and hibernate without a problem.  I HAVE WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL.

What I have done:

Downloaded app to phone and ipad
Downloaded to laptop (wireless)
Changed bios on laptop to accept both lan and wlan
Allowed router to accept port #4505
Turned off Windows XP firewall
Installed .NET to laptop
Rebooted laptop, which is the only item on network (less IOS products, when home)

Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Ben
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:15:34 AM »

Hi,

To wake your host you have to enable that feature in your pc bios settings first.

After that you have to check that your Ethernet card have the same Mac address as your host have on the host settings page in your iOS device. If they don't similar type write Mac address as you Ethernet card have in your host settings on ios device.

After that you may send wake command and all should work fine.

If you will have any troubles feel free asking here.

Ben

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the reply.

To the best of my knowlage, the MAC address matches on the host page of ishutdown and my laptop.  To find this, I did start > run > cmd > ipconfig/all.  The physical adress is the MAC address right?

If so, they both match (the app host setting page, and the computer)

BIOS setting has been adjusted before starirng this thread.

Thanks,
Ben
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 01:11:30 AM »

1. Please write me your motherboard version and if it possible version of it firmware. In most common situations if you have the same
mac address on your iOS device and in your ethernet settings and you enable wol in your mobo settings it must work, but
there are situation then mobo frmaware have a bug or some hidden setings to really enable wol function.

Please try to update your mobo firmware. And write me it model before i can find some additional information
about settings that might be take effect on WOL settings

2. Please write me your router model.

3. If you have laptop it may didnt starts until it will not connect to ac line. Try to look at your bios settings of energy savings. And please write me
your laptop model if you have the one.

4. You connect with wired connection or over the air?

Ben

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »

1.  I know nothing about the mobo, firmware, or the motherboard.  I have no idea what you are talking about!

2.  The router is a linksys E1000

3.  Laptop is always connected to a live power source.  Power settings have been set to stay on all the time, even when closing lid.  I did this to allow my remote desktop to work.

4.  I have a wireless connection.  There are NO wired connections on the network.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 08:54:19 PM »

I have a Dell Latitude D630 laptop, with windows XP.
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 01:01:05 AM »

Hi,

Here is solution (see last post) from dell community support forum

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/p/19251436/19475587.aspx
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 07:19:33 AM »

was the solution above helpful for you?

You now able to WOL your laptop?
Ben

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 09:51:43 PM »

Nothing has changed.  The options on that post all offer no help to this problem.

Is there a problem with this app?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Ben
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 03:55:23 AM »

Trouble is not with app but with the network configuration and/or laptop motherboard or WiFi card.

You can download any other third side wol software and try it, but it guaranteed
will not work because of trouble is somewhere in network configuration or as i write above
in motherboard of dell laptop (because i read threads where peoples says that they have similar troubles)

I will try to find solution how to configure your network and laptop setting.
When i find somewhat useful i will let you know immediately.
Ben

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 10:38:25 PM »

Vlad-

I was on the phone with the router tech support for a long time!  Reworked the 4505 port location, and now I am able to preform all functions of the app while IOS products are on my home network.  When I turn WIFI off, or leave house app doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ben
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 04:53:02 AM »

Hi,

If you Want to use ishutdown from Internet you have to configure your router.

1. You must have static external ip address or DNS name for your Internet connection. After you have to type it to your host settings at your iOS device as external ip address.

2. To use wol via Internet you have to redirect incoming magic packets with wol command to broadcast address x.x.x.255 where x.x.x is your network first digits. For example 192.168.0.255 so you have to redirect incoming packets from 9 port tcp to 9 port and broadcast address 192.168.0.255

3. To use shutdown sleep etc you have tO forward incoming 4505 port tcp to internal 4505 port and address of your laptop on your local network.

That's all. After you do that all should work fine  via internet.
Ben

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »

Thanks for the reply!

Could you please describe these tasks in further detail, as I am having difficulity following.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 10:47:33 PM »

1. looks like you have a static external ip that starts with 108.79 type it on your iOS device in host settings to External IP field.

2. Config your router with rule to redirect all incoming traffic from 9 TCP port to address x.x.x.255 and port 9 where x.x.x is your network first digits. For example 192.168.0.255 or 192.168.1.255. its necessary to use WOL via internet. For how please read your router manual.

3. Config your router with rule to redirect all incoming traffic from 4505 TCP port to same 4505 port and internal address of your laptop within your home network, its necessary to shutdown and sleep your host via internet.

For how to configure port forwarding please read for example this article
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/E1000/SlingBox.htm
choice

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 12:04:05 AM »

I've tried everything to make it work over 4g but it didn't and never will. It only works on LAN which is totally useless for me.It's not what it clame for.  Angry
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: