Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Don't know how to use 3g to operate.
iShutdown forum
July 21, 2019, 04:14:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: iShutdown version 2.2 is now available from appstore

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't know how to use 3g to operate.  (Read 4540 times)
Tong

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2011, 10:42:42 AM »

Just bought the apps in Apple Store. My purpose of buying this apps is to wake my home Win 7 pc while working in my workplace or during overseas trip. But I find this apps is totally not user friendly. I have very limited computer knowledge and want to have a step by step set up guideline for using 3g or internet wi-fi to wake my Win 7 pc up. Please help.

Here is my computer configuration:

Win 7 32 bit ultimate
Router TP-Link TL-WR1043ND
Dynamic ISP IP
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:58:47 AM »

Hi,

It's very difficult to create a guideline for wake up process via Internet. Because of many different router variations and their settings.

First of all you need a static ip or DNS name for your host. Because app must know where to send commands. If you always have a different ip it will be physically impossible. You may usea dyndns like services for that to get a DNS name for your host and type it in ip or DNs field in app.

Second you must have a motherboard with wake on LAN support which you have to enable. Please give me your motherboard model and I try to help you with its configuration.

Third you have to type your host Mac address in app, if it didn't collect automatically for you by app by some reasons. You may found it if you start a server part of ishutdown app. There you will see your Mac address, which you have to type in ios app.

Fourth you must to configure your router. It's very difficult to explain it in two words because I donny know your router firmware version. And didn't also have one for testing. Best solution to configure it is google it with question like "how to configure your_router_model to wake on LAN from internet" and trying to do what expert says.

If you have any questions and my answers looks don't clear please feel free to ask for details again.

Best regards,
 Vlad
Tong

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:47:51 AM »

It makes me almost mad to configure my TL-WR1043ND router to wake my computer up. I at last can use 3G to wake it up, but I still can't shut my computer using the ishutdown apps via 3G. Please help.
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »

You have to forward port 4505 from your router to your host to shutdown it via Internet.
It must be not so difficult try for example that guide http://www.pcwintech.com/port-forwarding-tp-link-tl-wr1043nd-tp-link-firmware

Tell me Please about results and if you still have any questions.
Tong

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 09:44:29 PM »

Thank you so much for your assistance. I eventually got my computer working i.e. wake up and shut down by means of 3G though it is not a good experience for a guy with little knowledge of computer. Hope the apps can be modified to a much more user frindly in future.
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 04:42:09 AM »

You welcome.

Also hope to write a good detailed guide on apps configuration, but it looks very unbelievable,
because of thousand models of routers and motherboard configurations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: