Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Port 4505 - UDP or TCP?
iShutdown forum
November 17, 2017, 07:57:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: (15.06.2011) PC server updated to 1.2 version

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Port 4505 - UDP or TCP?  (Read 18639 times)
morrow95

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2011, 12:45:46 AM »

Just downloaded - what type is the port that needs opened?  Is it UDP or TCP?
morrow95

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 01:37:05 AM »

I just tried both and see it is TCP, however, I have some suggestions and issues after this inital test.

1 - While the app worked fine while my iPhone was on the same network I can already see a problem using it while the phone is OFF the network.  The problem is the port.  My router firewall only allows ONE device/IP to be selected for port forwarding.  This becomes a problem as my computer has a different IP on my network depending if it is connected by ethernet or wireless.  So, I can only choose one or the other and be able to use the software while off the network.  I can also see this being a problem if I have more than one computer I want to use the software with.  To solve this problem you need to add in custom port # options to the software.  In this way I could easily have two profiles, one for wired and one for wireless, where each would be a different ip on my network, and each would have a custom port selected (this way I could setup the port forwarding correctly in my router firewall for each scenario).

2 - Add the 'sleep' option.  Shutdown, Restart, Sleep, Hibernation, Wake-on-LAN... by the way what exactly is 'pause'... I tried it and it does the same thing as hibernation.  Me personally, I would only be using shutdown, restart, sleep, and wol

On a side note when I installed this I used your beta service option for Windows and it seemed to work fine.

If you can update the software to support the above I think you would have a great program, but without the ability to have the custom port selection to fix the multiple computers and different ips (wired or wireless) you leave us with little options when we are off the network.  This is a major issue... if I'm on my network with the phone then I'm obviously pretty close to my computer... all I need to do is walk to it... the whole point as I see it is using this software remotely when I'm not even close to the PC.

Do you have any plans to implement the above?
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 11:46:55 PM »

Hi,

Yes i already realize almost all of these functions.

Hope i release them somewhere within a week or two.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: