Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Start iShutdown Server as Service (done)
iShutdown forum
November 22, 2017, 03:14:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Facebook page http://facebook.com/iShutdown

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Start iShutdown Server as Service (done)  (Read 6526 times)
McConnor

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2011, 07:57:07 AM »

Thanks for this Programm. It has great potential. The automatic discovery of machines in the network is nice. Some hickups are still there.

A major problem for an unattended machine is, that the Server does not run as service. So one has to be logged in for it to start. This is hindersome for a server. To log in in order to be able to shut it down does corrupt the concept of the Iphone app.... Wink
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:39:58 AM by Vlad Polyanskiy » Logged
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:26:48 PM »

Hi,

it will be done )

I release service version of server after iShutdown 2.0 will be released. Somewhere within 2-3 weeks.
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:13:08 PM »

Hi all.

i have server version of iShutdown which work as service
it will be released with the upcoming iShutdown 2.0 release.

stay tuned
McConnor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 10:36:10 AM »

I release service version of server after iShutdown 2.0 will be released. Somewhere within 2-3 weeks.

Hello Vlad,

Any news about progress with iShutdown 2.0? You made a statement of an release somewhere in 2 to 3 weeks which was end of july. Did you mean "months"  Grin or have there been unforeseen difficulties?

Greetings,

McConnor
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »

Yeah, was difficults with designer who creates a new design for iShutdown.

Now all in past. I think today or may be tomorrow (i need to optimize iShutdown for retina displays)
i send it to apple approve. And then i will work over server updates.

Sorry for so long waiting for new server version.

Ill do my best to release it as soon as possible.
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:39:36 AM »

Yeah.

Server as service beta version released.

Download here http://ishutdownapp.com/distrib/iShutdownService.msi
Uninstall previous version first please.

Hope youll like it Smiley
McConnor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »

Its me again. Ishutdown as service installs fine BUT it does not function anymore - ""Command sent to server" is shown on client side eg at request to shutdown - but computer does not shut down. It didnt have time to test it up to now so thats why I didnt report back earlier. It somehow worked one time - not shure if perhaps that was right after install and after I opend the status window

Restarting the iphone App does not help....

I installed previous Server Version again and it Works again but Not As service of course...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:07:23 PM by McConnor » Logged
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 10:29:16 PM »

Hmmm...

I have it work fine on my 3 different Virtual machines: windows XP, 7 and server 2008 r2.
And on two physical.

So
1. Which OS you use now?
2. Can you watch your services to check if iShutdown service in work state?
If you use windows 7 - press ctrl+shift+esc and look at the services tab
If you use XP - press win+r type mmc then Console->add remove snap-in->
find services snap in and add it to your window to look services.
and tell me work iShutdown service or not
McConnor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 04:08:11 AM »

I am running WinXP Pro SP3

I reinstalled the Service Version and checked: the Service is running and in the Taskmanager Ishutdown is shown as Networkservice.

Last time when the shutdown was not working the Service has been shown as running (Services.msc) but there was no process shown in the Task-Manager. That problem persisted over some reboots. Not it seems that it runs fine. I will have to check functionality when I get home again and will report back.

I already have the new iShutdown 2.0 installed on my ipod touch - we will see
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 04:56:48 AM »

Thanks.

Will wait for results.
McConnor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 01:13:53 AM »

Hello Vlad,

here is an update:

I reinstalled the new service Version on my Server. It is running correctly as stated before.

When I run the iphone app (2.0) it

- shows me the status of my laptop (lights flashing, power knob yellow and so on); here the old server 1.2 is running
- does not show me the status of my server (lights of power knob not shining) even though the new service server is running

Consequently I can not do anything with the server - shutdown does not work. The Server seems like off to the app. Something is amiss with the new server because when I had server 1.2 installed it showed correctly in the iphone app (2.0).

Aside from this I would volounteer to rework your german translations with are a good start but could use some polishing  Wink - some phrases have entertaining value for a german (as I am). If you like you could send me a list (textfile) of the actually used translations I would work them over and send them back for you to use in the next update.

Greets
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 02:08:34 AM »

Thanks for testing.

Will create a new virtual machines and test it again untill find that bug in server as service.

It will be great if you can help me with German translation. I will send you a text file with german localization.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: