Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ishutdown Mac Firewall/setup Help?
iShutdown forum
December 18, 2017, 11:28:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: (15.06.2011) PC server updated to 1.2 version

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ishutdown Mac Firewall/setup Help?  (Read 5885 times)
On9.

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »

Hi, i don't understand how you add the port thing to the firewall, can someone please teach me? After doing that step will the hosts automatically show up on my iphone? Yes i have the server downloaded too but i couldn't find any intructions for the mac.

Please and Thanks
macbook air 10.6.8
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »

Hi,
You have to do next:
1. Download and install server software for Mac from download page
2. Allow your firewall any activity at port 4505 for iShutdown server app. Normally you dont need to configure your firewall at any way if you use Mac OS X.  It must work without any additional settings
excepts if you have any third-party firewall software. Then you must open 4505 port on it.
3. Run iOS ishutdown app. You must see your host in your hosts list automatically. If you didnt then try to disable you firewall and restart ishutdown server. If you see your host on your iOS device at that step then you
have to enable and reconfigure your firewall again. If you didint, that tell us about something is wrong within your network configuration. Try to add your host manually by typing your IP address.

If you have any questions and troubles feel free posting them here.
On9.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 02:40:02 AM »

The problem is i don't know how to look for the firewall settings heh....
Sorry, i bought the mac very recent so i'm unaware where to find the firewall settings....tried searching on the finder but that was pointless. I actually tried typing in the ip address(do i need a name?), well i tried shutting off and nothing seemed to happen.

Thanks Again~
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 03:35:50 AM »

Did you downlod and INSTALL and run server software on your Mac?

Do you see shutdown ico at your taskbar near with your clocks in right upper corner?
On9.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 08:04:52 PM »

Yes, i do have the icon, im positive its on and working...but still nothing showing on my iphone.
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 04:15:04 PM »

1. tell me about your network topology please. Which router you use? May be it blocking traffic with internal firewall... do you use DHCP on your network? Do you have the ip address at the same subnet at your iphone and your Mac?

2. If you add your Mac ip address manually with any host name or description on your iOS device - it allow you to shutdown your Mac?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: