Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Shutdown from a script
iShutdown forum
December 18, 2017, 11:29:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mac server updated to 1.1 version

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shutdown from a script  (Read 1909 times)
ulimaass

View Profile Email
« on: July 01, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »

Hi,
I use iShutdown successfully from my iPad and iPhone.
As described by others, while iShutdown-App can wake up my Mac from sleep, it cannot WOL my MacMini when it is switched off - seems this feature is unsupported by that machine, as it doesn't WOL by a magic packet sent from the router itself either.
Could it be a problem that the Mac is not connected directly to the router, but there is a LAN-switch between the router and the Mac?

I would like to shutdown the Mac from a script running on a linux machine resp. on a PC.
What is the command the App is sending to the iShutdown-Server-Module, so I can include that command into my script?

Thanks in advance for your info,
best regards,
Uli
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 07:16:20 AM »

Hi
I think that troubles with the MacMini itself not with the LAN-switch. i have same network config with lan-switch and it works perfect with motherboard which supports WOL feature.

On the second question - commands are very simple. just "shutdown" for shutdown, "restart" for restart...
ulimaass

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 10:06:49 AM »

Hi Vlad,
regarding second question: What would the line look like that I have to include into my script?
\\<ip>\ishutdown shutdown
Which protocol to use?
Thanks in advance for your clarification,
best, Uli
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 01:05:31 PM »

i'm sorry Uli
I dont know how your script works. My knowledges in linux are very poor, so i dont know how to write that script you talking about.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: