Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/proekt/public_html/ishutdownapp.com/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Cant get 3G to shut off PC
iShutdown forum
December 18, 2017, 11:31:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Facebook page http://facebook.com/iShutdown

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant get 3G to shut off PC  (Read 2315 times)
Xx Bring It xX

View Profile Email
« on: May 30, 2011, 10:21:03 AM »

For some reason I cant figure out why I cant shut my PC off with my 3G on.
I have Windows 7 with iOS 4.2.8
My wifi works with it but not my 3G. How do you add port 4505? I have a linksys router.

I went to Applications and Gaming section in router settings than it says Port Range Forward. Under application I put 4505 and 1 to 1 and enable. Is that how you do it? Thanks
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 01:52:31 PM »

Hi.

Shutting down with 3G is not trivial process.

1. You have to know your public ip and add it into host list manually. This is not
2. You have to access network activity for iShutdown server in your firewall with port 4505.
in that step you also may try to absolutelly turn off your firewall for small time and try to shutdown one more time
may be it allow wi-fi local activity and blocked external requests on 4505 port.
3. Main. You have to forward 4505 port on your router to your host.

So, lets look more closer at third step.

Most common scheme for using internet is
yourhost->router (or maybe xdsl modem)->internet

So for correct 3g shutting down you have to talk to your router
to forward port 4505 from internet directly to your host.
It feature may calling as Virtual host, DMZ host or  may be port forwarding.
Virtual host auto redirect ALL external ports to your internal pointed host ports you
dont need to forward 4505 port concretly. Also you may forward only one port 4505
to enable this feature.

it Theory correct port forward must get you ability to shutting down your host via 3G,
in real it may not work for some other reasons (incorrect firewall settings for example)
try to play with firewall settings and virtual host (DMZ host) to forward all ports to your host directly

If it dont help feel free asking here, and tell me also model number of your router.

If you have some troubles - feel free to asking here.

Xx Bring It xX

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 05:19:42 PM »

im not sure i am correctly doing the port thing right. I would appreciate you helping me out on how to set it up. My linksys router is "Linksys WRT54GS"

What i did:
1. Went to my router settings and went into Applications & Gaming
2. Port Range Forward: Start and End I put 4505, Protocol both, IP address is the IP address for when I click Preferences on your ishutdown desktop app. And then click Enable. Under my DMZ is a different IP address and thats for my xbox 360.

Than I saved the settings and still cant do nothing with 3G on.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:26:21 PM by Xx Bring It xX » Logged
Vlad Polyanskiy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 01:40:10 AM »

Looks right.

But - do you use DHCP in your network?

As i read in your router manual

"Any PC whose port is being forwarded must have its DHCP client function disabled and must have
a new static IP address assigned to it because its IP address may change when
using the DHCP function."

try to disabled DHCP function at your PC and enter any IP  from your subnet manually
(for example if you have 192.168.1.1 IP, you may enter 192.168.1.77 or 192.168.1.56 or any other from
192.168.1.X where x=0..254)
and try to forward port to that new IP address at your router settings.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: